Thursday, June 14, 2012

I can already tell that there is a different feel in the boathouse here. The Kiwis seem to have a much simpler approach to training and nutrition.  Malcom hands out gummy worms between erg pieces to replenish carbs, and suggested that I eat toast with pasta on it for breakfast to get enough carbs.  Though the weather seems nasty it is perfect for me and exactly what I want, because it is easy to focus fully on training and it inspires a level of intensity that is unattainable elsewhere.  It is easy to see why the Kiwis are some of the toughest athletes out there.

1 comment:

  1. Warner,

    I am looking forward to following your progress. The training program looks challenging, but doable. keep posting and all of Deerfield Rowing is with you, mate!!

    ReplyDelete