Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cold Feet?

As monday and a 14 hour flight from L.A. to New Zealand approach I find myself, surprisingly enough, not having any nervousness or withdrawals.  I havent been able to train as much as I would like since school ended because of college visits and preparations for the trip but I feel confident that I have kept in good cardiovascular shape and will have no trouble adjusting to the new workload.  I was a little sore after my last workout, 4 mile run, 250 squats and 5k on the erg at 1:52 pace, but that was the first significant run I have been on in months.  I am excited to experience a new culture in and out of the boathouse, and finally get to row in some small boats.  My current 2k is 6:38 and I am hoping to be in the low thirties by the end of the next six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment